December is here! Do you look out of your window and see how sad your garden is looking? Are you ready to inject some festive cheer to your outside space as well as inside?
If the answer is YES then please read on.
It’s winter and its usually dark when we go to work, dark when we come home. Our gardens are in a dormant state and looking rather bleak. Here are a few ideas to inject light, colour and festive fun!
- A simple and very effective way to add a bit of twinkle to your garden is to purchase a couple of sets of fairy lights and wrapping them around your trees and bushes. You can now get lights that work on battery power or solar power so even quicker and easier to fit.
- Put storm lanterns on your patio filled with church candles and pebbles or baubles and tinsel to add warmth and colour to your outside dining area.
- Plant your boxes, tubs and hanging baskets with a Christmas theme. Mini Conifer Trees or Mini Christmas Trees complete with baubles surrounded by Cyclamen and Winter Pansies for that all important injection of colour!
- An outdoor Christmas tree decorated with all the trimmings to add that extra special touch of glamour.
- Create a festive centrepiece for your garden table using holly and fir, ribbons and glitter.
- Hang a luxurious Christmas wreath from your door for that extra special welcome.
- Use ribbons, bunting, stars, pine cones, twigs, beads or baubles to liven up any tree or hedge.
- Why leave that mysterious elf on the shelf? Why not put him in the bushes or the trees? Can they find him hiding?
- How about a wooden Reindeer hiding amongst the borders?
- Light the way for Father Christmas and his sleigh with runway lights!
- Decorate their Wendy House or Den.
- Create a nativity scene.
Allow their imaginations to run wild and get creative this Christmas!
We hope that you have a wonderful time whatever you decide to do in your garden for the festive season!
From Brett & the rest of the team